Shopping for digital signage can be daunting, and the software you choose to run your system will make the difference between successful adoption or not. Digital signage cost, network options, features and support are all things you should consider when evaluating your options.
Need some advice on how to plan your digital signage solution? We can help. In the meantime, here are a few questions you can use to get the conversation started when shopping for digital signage, so you can choose the best content management software for your needs:
- Is it specifically designed for organizational communications?
- Is it a native application, web-based or cloud?
- Does it have user-friendly tools and templates?
- Does it allow for data integration?
- Does it have an alert messaging mode?
- Does it support interactivity?
- Can it deliver to small screens?
- Is it scalable and expandable?
- What are the purchasing options?
- How well is it supported?
All of these things can make a big impact on both the user experience and the effectiveness of your digital signs. Paying attention to these details during the research or shopping phase can save you a lot of headaches down the road. If you can’t get these answers from a vendor, that might be a warning sign.