Custom touchscreen wayfinding maps lead your visitors through your facility and give your audience a convenient one-stop source for information. Effective wayfinding is essential for every organization who wants a positive visitor experience, and our interactive wayfinding white paper can help you plan your project and save money along the way.
Every wayfinding project is unique to the facility, the audience and the technology. It’s important to understand that you’ll save time and money by making sure to define everything the first time instead of reworking your project midway through the process.
You’ll need to ask yourselves some basic questions:
- What do our visitors want to know?
- What are the most popular and/or hard to find destinations?
- What’s the shortest or most convenient route to each destination?
- What kind of graphic design and route mapping do we want to use?
- Do we want to offer a downloadable map or turn-by-turn directions via SMS?
- How will we test, update and maintain it?
The more you consider up front, the better the entire experience will be for your managers, designers, developers, implementers and visitors. Our 10 Steps to Successful Interactive Wayfinding white paper is a general outline to help you understand what to expect along the way from concept to completion:
- Assess the Need
- Collect and Validate Assets
- Locations Please
- Map It
- Design It
- Build It
- Test, Test and Test Some More
- Implement It
- Make Adjustments
- Test It Again