We spend a lot of time talking about the best digital signage layouts and content for your audience. But what if you have several different viewers you’re trying to appeal to?
We find there are three main types of audiences and each one can be engaged through different layouts that appeal to them within the viewing environment.
Here are some suggestions to draw their attention:
- Viewing time = 1-30 seconds
- Display location: in a hallway, near an entrance with no lobby, elevator bay, people walking by and not stopping.
- 1-block layout with date/time stamp and/or current conditions weather. No video, no ticker, short graphic messages only.
- Viewing time = 30-120 seconds
- Display location: short lines for cashier or reception desk, people stopping for brief periods of time.
- 2-block layout with date/time or weather (maybe also ticker). Short videos and short graphic messages.
- Viewing time = 2-30 minutes
- Display location: reception with seating, lounges, cafeteria, break room, anywhere there is seating.
- 3-block layout with everything. No restriction on content types and layout complexity, add live TV for 10+ minute waiting areas.
Although a one-size-fits-all solution doesn’t exist, we hope these tips will help you to reach your target audience, engage their attention and deliver your message in the best digital signage layout possible.