keep your announce software current
Digital signage software updates for your Visix applications can improve system performance, expand functionality and provide you with new tools to reach your audience with dynamic visual communications.
Support agreement customers receive free software updates, while other clients can purchase the applicable upgrade. Our Client Services Group will work with you to determine the best options for both software and hardware upgrades.
VERSION 1.4 UPDATE
Announce Version 1.4 was released on August 10, 2012. The new software is available at no charge to all customers with a current Software Maintenance Agreement(SMA). Announce version 1.4 contains over 30 enhancements/bug fixes along with the new Alert Notification Module.
The Announce Alert Notification Module allows users to override scheduled content to display Alert Messages on the entire system or on selected media players in one of two ways:
- Manually using an easy prompt in the software interface, or
- Through third-party systems that automatically trigger alert notices.
The second option allows integrated third-party systems to post CAP (Common Alerting Protocol) messages to the content manager. These external systems can include mass notification and text messaging services, emergency notification systems, public address systems, and others. Visix technologies support CAP alerts from Rave Mobile, e2Campus and several other emergency notification providers.
Alert Notification is a licensed feature. To purchase the license, please email email@example.com.
Some of the most notable enhancements in this release include:
- Web Page Message positioning allows users to select a portion of a web page to display.
- Support for Clear QAM video feeds through the AverMedia A323 tuning card
- Customizable update intervals for Player Snapshots
- Increased visibility in the Template Editor and Edit Users Screen